[AccessD] Embedding Multiple Access Reports in an E-mail Body (as HTML)

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Fri Mar 30 13:36:30 CDT 2012

All,

I have an automated Access report job that runs at a specific time every
night and automatically e-mails multiple Access reports in PDF format as
e-mail attachments.  This has worked nicely for a long time.

Now there is a need to "embed" the reports in the body of the e-mail
rather than send them as attachments.

I know that I can export the multiple reports from Access into HTML
files.  This would probably work Okay if there was only one report.

I have experimented with building the HTML "by hand" via VBA code.  This
may work, but it takes some time to do the VBA coding and I am not 100%
sure that I can write the code to generate the HTML for summary reports
that have a lot of sub-totals, etc.

It would be nice if a person could export an Access report to a jpg
file.  Multiple jpg files could then be embedded in the HTML file that
is embedded in the e-mail body.

Anyway, I am curious if anyone else has ever run into this type of
situation.

Thanks,
Brad