[AccessD] Plotting datapoints to Excel

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Thu May 10 06:49:06 CDT 2012

Re: " It gets stuck into designated cells in the spreadsheet based on the
intersection of two month/year coordinates"

Now I get the picture. You've got nothing more than a complex Excel
reporting requirement.
The report will have to be built cell-by-cell in Excel. Just get the raw
data into a temp worksheet, and go from there to build the user worksheet.
If there are layout patterns, you can create functions/routines to reduce
the code volume and to build-out portions of the report consistently.
I had to do 10 of these reports recently for a huge Excel automation
project.
What's really interesting is that SQL was used in Excel for one of the more
complex reports but only for the simple portion of the report building
process.