[AccessD] Blatt or other email

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Mon May 21 17:40:40 CDT 2012

I use the Gmail smtp server from a small vb.net winforms application I
create to send email to our user group. Nothing special in the setup except
you need to use port 587. The application works fine within the limitations
of what Google allows as far as number of emails sent at any one time and
max per day. I know nothing about the internals of smtp. Found most of the
basic parameter settings in one of the online forums. I do not use ssl from
my end.

Doug