[AccessD] Another software disaster...

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon May 21 18:15:03 CDT 2012

Thanks for that mention of disaster for two very high rate charging companies.
No excuse. They failed to stress test this early in development.

The problem that Nasdaq witnessed was a result of too many orders...most of
them cancels of original orders.
Had they known this could have happened, they could have lowered the priority
of the cancel orders....and moved them to the end of the queue. The volume of
cancel orders caused the regular orders to be delayed in their fulfillment.
Bottomline: poor analysis...this scenario should have been thought out from
the beginning.