[AccessD] FindFirst Error

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed May 23 14:44:09 CDT 2012

If strings, it should read:

rstRS.FindFirst "[EmployeeTimesID] = '" & strKey &"'"

/gustav

>>> dkalsow at yahoo.com 23-05-12 21:16 >>>
No matter what I try I still get an error on the findfirst command the second time around.  I get an error if the # are there or if they are not.  I have even taken the slashes out of the date, but it has not helped.

Here is the current format of the key:  5212012HeatherHanson

Here is the current code:

 Set dbsDB = DBEngine(0)(0)
    'Set db = CurrentDb - Can substitue for above line but slower and will not handle linked files.

    ' Open database
    Set rstRS = dbsDB.OpenRecordset("tblEmployeeTimes", dbOpenDynaset)
    Set rstRsNew = dbsDB.OpenRecordset("qryKeyCardImport", dbOpenDynaset)

    rstRsNew.MoveFirst

    Do While Not rstRsNew.EOF
        strKey = Replace(Format(rstRsNew![Time], "Short Date"), "/", "") & Replace(Trim(rstRsNew![Employee]), " ", "")
        rstRS.FindFirst "[EmployeeTimesID] = " & strKey
        If Not rstRS.NoMatch Then
                With rstRS
                    .Edit
                    rstRS![EmployeeTimesOut] = Format(rstRsNew![Time], "Medium Time")
                    .Update
                End With
            Else
                With rstRS
                    .AddNew
                    rstRS![EmployeeTimesID] = strKey
                    rstRS![EmployeeTimesDate] = DateValue(rstRsNew![Time])
                    rstRS![EmployeeTimesName] = Trim(rstRsNew![Employee])
                    rstRS![EmployeeTimesIn] = TimeValue(rstRsNew![Time])
                    .Update
                End With
            End If
            rstRsNew.MoveNext

        Loop

        varTmp = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
        MsgBox "The EmployeeTimes file has been updated", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Parts Master"

        rstRS.Close
        rstRsNew.Close

        dbsDB.Close

        Set rstRS = Nothing