[AccessD] Access Services changed in 2013 release

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Nov 9 06:48:52 CST 2012

 Unless I've really missed the point of something, he's totally off-base
with that article.

"In the end Access 2010 provides the existing Access developer with a path
upwards to the wonderful Browser-based world without giving up any of the
capabilities of the Client version of Access"

 That's true only if you maintain a "desktop" style app.  To publish to
SharePoint, it must be a web database and that's the only thing you can use
in the browser.  Web databases have limited functionality in terms of forms
and events, and only a limited Marco set is available.  Reporting is not
available in a web database either, so I'm not sure why he's talking about
moving forms and reports to the web.

 I'll have to read through it again when I have time, but it seems way
off-base to me.

Jim.