[AccessD] Need for an Access programmer

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Nov 29 10:09:25 CST 2012

I have a client who too often gives me work which has to be out by the end of the day or tomorrow.
I ended up adding a 50% "rush" surcharge fee which is separate from and visible on the invoice.  My
thoughts are if I have to put down another client in order to pick up the rush job then you need to
pay for that.

Like Jim, I don't always charge the surcharge, it really depends on whether I really am busy and
have to cut this job in line to get it out.  And occasionally just because I am seeing too much
"rush" stuff.  After all, there are only so many hours in the day and if everyone tried to "rush"
their jobs it would be chaos.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away