[AccessD] Need for an Access programmer

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:33:16 CST 2012

Wow that was about the finest compliment that I have ever received in my
life. Thanks! I'm sheepish in the wake of that, wow, thanks! So I better
complete this thing and pray that it sees the light of production! One out
of 35 is hardly a stellar record, but it's better than 0/35.

This is obviously way OT, but it is non-trivial to write something like
this. I have done a ton of research, and a bunch of it makes me wretch, but
that makes it more necessary to tell the story. For example, an election
poster from the B.C. Liberal party in 1935: headline is "Beware the Yellow
Peril" and it talks about forbidding the Chinese people from importing
their wives (these are the people who built the Trans-Canad Railroad). This
stuff has got to be expressed. People need to know what MoFos the white
population circa 1900 were in Canada, our beloved nation that only now
embraces multiculturalism.

In prep for this next major undertaking, I've been doing a LOT of research,
and I am ashamed and embarrassed and I guess humiliated by what I've
discovered. Obviously I was not alive in 1935, but when I review this stuff
and realize what a racist party the Liberals were in that era, it makes me
want to puke.

Somebody's got to tell this story, and apparently no one but me is willing
to step up to the table. So be it. I have the chops. I'm no screenwriting
legend but I can tell this story, with conviction.

And so, if you don't find me responding on this group as often as I used
to, please understand that I have another fish to fry. But even having said
that, you can rest assured that I'll be here if not every day, then every
other day, because I consider this well a most worthy place from which to
drink.

A.