[AccessD] Event Flag or Error Flag with Data Change

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:46:49 CST 2012

RAISING the error is not a problem but something has to trigger it and
knowing when a table is changed is a problem.

There is nothing I can think of short of a scheduled task that open a
database and run a scan of records (preferably with an iron clad
timestamping policy) to see if something changed since the last check.

When we knew a system was changing records thru java functions and failing
to update the user and timestamp I wrote routines that mailed me database
snapshots every hour, harvested them from outlook attachments, imported
them into my own standalone access database using a import specification
then ran a record by record field by field check looking for items that
changed without updates to the last modified user id and last modified date.

When we found this we knew something changed within that hour and we looked
at user logs to see who was online at that time then asked them what they
did. Sometimes we got good info leads and sometimes not.... but we did
eventually track down the problems this way (snapshot & compare).

...grabled by smrat phonn as ususl