[AccessD] OT: Looks funny,

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Thu Oct 4 10:19:52 CDT 2012

Hans,

Uh, no, Apple did not innovate the iPad.  Just go Google the Surface
specifications.
After you read them, you will understand that the table top "tablet"
that MS developed,
called Surface, was actually the original iPad/Android.  Apple and
others just made
them smaller. Now that the "originator" is getting into the game, we
will see what happens.
Not that MS gets everything right and does everything good.

All of the "gesture" specifications were spelled out for Apple and
Android developers
a long time ago by those Surface specifications.  So, the only
"technical revolution" was
the shrinking of the size from a table top to a 10" design (or
smaller).  I wonder how many
of the Surface table top tablets are at Apple.  Food for thought...

And, yes I admit it.  I will never buy anything that starts with an
i, or from Apple.

At 10:03 AM 10/4/2012, you wrote:
>Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 01:24:41 -0700
>From: Hans-Christian Andersen <hans.andersen at phulse.com>
>To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT: Looks funny, doesn' it? => Nokia Joins The
>         iPhone 5 Bashing With This Clever       Lumia 920 Video Ad
>
>I find it pretty funny how some people started out mocking the
>iPhone, saying it was a waste of money, over priced, not
>revolutionary. "Ack, my old flip Motorola phone could do the same."
>Then the iPad came around and it was the same. "Tablets... What a
>waste of money. No ones ever going to want one of those."
>
>Now it's different. You will all admit that iPhones and iPads were
>techological revolutions, except "now the competition has caught up,
>x y z flaw exists in Apples latest gizmo, Apple is about to die, all
>hail Samsung" something or the other.
>
>Just admit it: you were never going to buy anything from Apple, even
>if it were a cure for cancer.
>
>Just admit it and move on. Apple is still doing fine. People aren't
>standing in lines to get an iPhone for their elderly parents. People
>aren't furious that apple changed their connector, because its been
>the same connector since the original iPhone (5 years ago) and you
>cant claim that much consistency with many other competitors.
>
>I've heard the exact same claims here as I have on several other
>online forums today - almost word for word. You are not being
>original. You are being affected by a marketing campaign.
>
>So just go on with your lives. Enjoy your Galaxy S3s and Nexus 7s
>and iPhone 5s and welcome to the future.
>

>Best regards,
>Hans-Christian Andersen

Robert L. Stewart

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good
programmers write code that humans can understand. --Martin Fowler

www.WeBeDb.com
www.DBGUIDesign.com
www.RLStewartPhotography.com