[AccessD] OT: Meet, Play, Follow & Contribute: TypeScript - an open-source "Object-Oriented JavaScript" from MS..

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Oct 5 15:50:40 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur --

Just guessing:

"LINQ-Powered TypeScript/JavaScript" could bring high level data manipulation operations on HMTL FE level - high level data manipulation operations transparently (and efficiently) translated into AJAX calls. The latter AJAX calls would communicate/transfer translated on client side LINQ expressions to the server side where they will be processed and results returned back to the client. Something like that. It could be a wrong idea as well. But AFAIU jQuery is more for DOM manipulations than data processing...

<<<
If you don't already have jQuery, download it at once,...

I have everything, Arthur, I have even paid for PluralSight online courses - but I have not enough time  for learning new technologies -  I have to work for money...

<<<
Maybe we should have a new list devoted to Javascript.

There exists JSMentors list, which I have got subscribed and lurking sometimes - it's very good...

<<<
I'm going to follow this up with a new message to be posted on the Hardware
and Software list...

Do you mean dba-Tech list? - I will be watching for your postings on JavaScript...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:40:54 -0400 от Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>:

>An interesting idea, Shamil. But I'm not sure exactly what Linq would bring

to the party that's not already provided by jQuery. (When I first heard of

jQuery, I dismissed it as a dumb idea - I took its name too seriousl. Now I

realize what a tremendously powerful library it is.)

If you don't already have jQuery, download it at once, and while you're

grabbing, get jQuery UI as well. And if mobile apps are important, get

jQuery Mobile too.

If you haven't already visited the Mozilla site, go here for a good

tutorial in JS.
>https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/learn/javascript

And while we're on the subject, I too have recently dived in. Maybe we

should have a new list devoted to Javascript.

I'm going to follow this up with a new message to be posted on the Hardware

and Software list, with a small history of Javascript and the gradual

movement away from server-side scripting to client-side scripting, and so

on; this to provide an introduction to Javascript and why it's worth

learning now.

Arthur