[AccessD] Visual basic may be dead

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 10 11:25:18 CDT 2012

VB as we know it, as far as Office 13 and beyond may (will) be dead.

The Office products will no longer support Visual Basic except within
macros. I would assume this functionality or lack of it will also extend to
Access as well.

Not to worry, according to the attached linked article, another scripted
language will replace VB. Office applications will now support JavaScript
programming.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/07/microsoft_apps_for_office/

Aside: I do like the new TypeScript editor but for some reason the product
removed the requirement to put a semi-colon at the end of each line. Many
years ago it took me a long time to learn to drop the semi-colon and then it
took a while to relearn to add the semi-colon and now I have to learn to
drop it again. :-( I think it should be a rule that all languages are
required to have a semi-colon at the end of a line of code. It makes it so
easy to unscramble compressed code blocks...

Jim