[AccessD] Needing a Fourth Conditional Format

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 10:37:49 CDT 2012

Hi Rocky:

You can build format conditions in code; I think there isn't a limit of
three.  Here's a sample I use from a Form_Load event:

  txMargin1.FormatConditions.Delete
  txMargin1.FormatConditions.Add acExpression, , "[txMargin1] <> 0 and
[txMargin1] < " & MarginPct1
  txMargin1.FormatConditions(0).BackColor = 255 'red
  txMargin1.FormatConditions.Add acExpression, , "[txMargin1] <> 0 and
[txMargin1] < " & MarginPct2
  txMargin1.FormatConditions(1).BackColor = 33023 'orange

This article shows an example with 4 conditions:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa139965(v=office.10).aspx

I used code because I had a ton of fields in a form, all with identical
format conditions, and it is WAY easier to modify code than laboriously
work your way through the wizard for each field.  In the example above, the
client wanted colouring depending on an adjustable profit margin.

Doug