[AccessD] Vertical line on report

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Oct 28 09:55:19 CDT 2012

Dear List:

I have a report with several text boxes in the detail section.  Each of the
text boxes is 'Can Grow' so the height of several of the text boxes and of
course,  the detail section varies.

Now the client wants a vertical line between two of the text boxes so that
it makes a solid line vertically down the report.

I've done this before on detail sections that don't grow making the vertical
line exactly the height of the detail section- no problem - looks like a
solid line.

But of course with the height varying (some text boxes go to two lines on
some records, some to three) the line is always too short.

I tried playing around with the .Height property and while I can find out
the height of a Can Grow text box in the Print event, the height of the
vertical line can't be changed at that point.  And the height of the detail
section or text box in the Format event hasn't been changed yet from design
view.

Is there a workaround for this?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin