[AccessD] Switchboard

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 8 13:15:37 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur:

I do not know what you are expecting as it seems the basics are simple...

The applications icon, startup login screen and splash screen are all
initiated via the tools/startup list. All default icons, tools menus and
base windows are turned off. From then on the user is presented with a
"pretty" options menu form with graphics and custom buttons...users really
like pretty. After that selecting each menu item, the app drills down and
lists either data or options.

I personally like to hide previous forms, which can be unhidden when they
need focus or just tabbed to, if the information is related. So much of this
section of code depends on the users preferences.

The one thing I do like is having absolute control of everything that is
displayed on that screen and the built-in switchboard seems like quick hack
or something a beginner programmer would use as it provides good basic
functionality but with limited control, methods and properties.

Jim