[AccessD] OT: iPhone/iPad development on an MS Windows PC - no way?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 14 10:33:46 CDT 2012

Hi All --

I do like my Windows Phone 7.5(:)) and it has a set of features, which are good enough for me currently, I like Windows 7 and as I have written here several times I have no any objections on new "Metro" UI for coming Windows 8: desktop, tablet, phone. I suppose I'm rather effective VS2010/C#/... developer, my customers like my work...

... but it  .... "seems that the future of Windows development is happening largely for corporate environments and customers. I don’t take issue with this other than being someone who doesn’t live or work inside a corporate environment at home..." (source: "50 Reasons to Switch from Microsoft Windows to Apple’s Mac OS X" - http://chris.pirillo.com/50-reasons-to-switch-from-microsoft-windows-to-apples-mac-os-x/)...

... IOW I do plan to start learning iPhone/iPad (and Android) custom development really soon and I have to find what is the most effective yet as affordable as possible combination of hardware and software to keep both MS Windows (desktop, Phone, tablet) and iPhone/iPad and Android development...

I suppose that getting a Mac instead of a PC is unavoidable but should I additionally have an MS Windows driven box/laptop or running MS Windows with Visual Studio on Mac under VMWare Fusion or Parallels is as speedy as running MS Windows and Visual Studio on a "bare Intel processor metal"? Does anybody here have a real life experience of MS WIndows development on a Mac? Please advise.

FYI: Some more links on the OT subject:

A hardcore Windows guy gets a Mac
http://www.davidalison.com/2008/02/hardcore-windows-guy-switches-to-mac.html
iPhone Development On Windows – 7 Options
http://maniacdev.com/2010/01/iphone-development-windows-options-available/
iPhone development on Windows
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/113547/iphone-development-on-windows
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=537583