[AccessD] The list

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Sep 17 15:47:23 CDT 2012

Invite them over here or maybe just live with two lists. After all these
years I still don't like forums. I honestly think the chatter turns new
people away. That's one of the reasons we have more than one list.

I've abandoned all other access related lists because of the snobbery, chest
pounding and the "you get answers if you pay" reasons. When I did pay I
never got an answer that was worth anything. When I ask a question it
usually something that takes thought not about of submitted links to other
web sites. I can use web searches too.

When I ask a question here I get answers. Sometimes I ask about something I
know but haven't done in a long time just because it's an easier refresher
than digging through my own notes. Sometimes I have the answer shortly after
hitting "send". But even then, I may get an answer that's better than what I
knew to start with.