[AccessD] OT: But very cool...

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Sep 19 15:56:43 CDT 2012

The most common passenger aircraft in PNG are Bombardier (Dash and Twin Otter) -
neither of which carry ADS-B transmitters.   It's a similar situation in a lot of those areas you
mention,

There are also no ADS-B receiver sites in PNG linked to that system.  I can watch Air Niugini
Airbuses leaving Australia and disappearing as they cross the Coral Sea.

The coverage on the map says more about where ADS-B receivers and FAA stations are
and what type of aircraft are in use more than anything else.

See http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

--
Stuart