[AccessD] Free Cloud based MySQL

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Sep 26 20:12:06 CDT 2012

<quote>A ridiculously simple, seriously powerful CLOUD DATABASE
Xeround is an elastic, always-on database-as-a-service for your MySQL applications</quote>
.
http://xeround.com

You can get a free account with up to 10MB of storage.

I just signed up for their free account, created a simple table in MySQL with their
phpMyAdmin interface,  created a MySQL ODBC connection in an Access application and
added/editted and deleted a few records.   It worked fine.

This may be of interest to JC for his prisoner release back-end instead of messing around
with Hamachi and an Access BE.   I'm not sure if he is on the Tech list, so I've sent this to the
Access list as well  :)

--
Stuart