[AccessD] comdlg32.dll

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Sep 28 03:35:17 CDT 2012

You can still use comdlg32.dll. It's available in both 32 and 64 bit Windows.

But you need to compile with the PtrSafe keyword.  Try this:

Declare PtrSafe Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" _
               Alias "GetOpenFileNameA" (OFN As tagOPENFILENAME) As Boolean

If you code is likely to run in different versions of Windows/Office (32 and 64 bit), you  need to
wrap the declarations in  compiler conditionals.

#If VBA7 Then
Declare PtrSafe Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" _
               Alias "GetOpenFileNameA" (OFN As tagOPENFILENAME) As Boolean
#Else
Declare Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" _
               Alias "GetOpenFileNameA" (OFN As tagOPENFILENAME) As Boolean
#End if

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee691831%28office.14%29.aspx for all the gory
details.

--