[AccessD] Setting default value of a text box

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Apr 3 15:44:40 CDT 2013

No, DefaultValue is what Access puts in the empty field when data entry is started on a new
record.

If you want to save typing then you need something like:

Private Sub Invoice_Number_AfterUpdate()
    If Company = "Renegade" and  Left$([Invoice Number],4) <> "RWLS" Then
              [Invoice Number] =  "RWLS"  & [Invoice Number]
    End If
End Sub