[AccessD] Not In List Not the Right Solution

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Apr 9 11:23:47 CDT 2013

Dear List:

I have a request from a user that when they try to find a name in a combo
box if the name is not there, that the program go to add a new record and
place the data entered in the combo box in the last name field and let them
finish entering the new data.

I tried the NotInList event until I realized this is to add entries to the
combo box.  But I can't seem to get it to behave properly - it goes into a
loop displaying my "add then new guy now?" not in list message.

I think Not In List is not the best way to do this, but don't know how else.

Any ideas?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software