[AccessD] The remote server does not exist.

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Fri Apr 12 10:38:07 CDT 2013

Hey John
Cut it out, at times you "crack me up".  Again before I forget was your last
name Oldby or Colby?

Gosh we are all getting old.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John W Colby
Sent: April-12-13 6:26 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] The remote server does not exist.

>Someone, somewhere, is always impressed when you whip it out.

LOL, no doubt.  Unfortunately at my age, no one is really impressed when I
whip it out... or I have
forgotten more than I have ever known.  Or something along those lines.

My memory no longer supports the trivia so I have to concentrate on the
actually useful (to me),

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 4/11/2013 11:38 PM, Doug Steele wrote:
> Useless trivia?
>
> In my experience, that's an oxymoron.  Someone, somewhere, is always
> impressed when you whip it out.
>
> Doug
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM, John W Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven't done any Access / Word automation in years.  I tend to just hit
>> delete for anything that isn't of immediate use to me, there is just too
>> many topics to worry about stuff I don't need.
>>
>> Obviously if you knew about this thing then you do this stuff a lot.  Or
>> you are a dictionary of useless trivia.
>>
>> At any rate, I needed it today.
>>
>> I also never know about (or even considered) splitting a word document
>> once it was merged.  I found and adapted that today as well - in fact it
>> was in that code that I ran into this very problem.
>>
>> John W. Colby
>>
>> Reality is what refuses to go away
>> when you do not believe in it
>>
>> On 4/11/2013 7:36 PM, Stuart McLachlan wrote:
>>
>>> AKA "the old unqualified reference problem".
>>>
>>> I reckon that I  have posted  a link to that article as a solution to
the
>>> same problem raised by
>>> different people on this list on average every 9 months for several
years.

>>> Where have you been?
>>>

>> --
>> Website: