[AccessD] Access Reporting Application - Dealing with Excel Input Files that are E-mailed Daily

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Tue Apr 16 19:53:01 CDT 2013

Brad  - I ran into this EXACT situation at an investment banking firm.
Email attachments were effectively the data source.
So I created an Outlook Addin which effectively scanned each email that
arrived for keywords in the body or subject.
Then it took the attachment and placed it into a special network folder.
This mini-app was so cool...the users loved it...I even popped-up a timed
form which told them that particular email had arrived. I was going to add
logging as well, but never got to it. I did add the ability to UNZIP the
attachment...and that was slick as well. (They still were using XLS format
!)

P.S. Changing the name would be a piece-of-cake.