[AccessD] Querying the back end directly

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Apr 26 08:14:29 CDT 2013

<<First of all I need to know whether that is faster, slower or no
difference.>>

 Slower.

<< Is it possible
to use this kind of thing using an ODBC connect string?  Or does an ODBC
connect string assume a
database server / engine at the other end?>>

  Yes.  The syntax allows for any database type that JET can ordinarily
connect to (FP, ODBC, dbase, Paradox, etc).

Jim.