[AccessD] Access 2012 Development

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:18:22 CDT 2013

Regarding web development, I have abandoned everything Access and switched
entirely to Alpha Anywhere. It's so much more powerful and flexible that
there is no comparison. The XBasic programming is so much more powerful
than VBA it's ridiculous. From a web point of view  perhaps the most
amazing thing is Write Once, Play Anywhere. The same app will run on smart
phones, tablets, and traditional web browsers. It supports HTML5,
Javascript and several others. It talks to every conceivable back end. Its
sample apps blow the doors off the few and trivial samples offered with
Access. I could go on, but instead I'll just suggest that you download a
copy of the trial version and take it for a spin. Tell 'em I sent ya :)

Arthur

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Carolyn Johnson <cjlabs at att.net> wrote:

> You can't open a 2000 version database in 2013?   Uggh.   That explains
> all the crashing.    I have several databases that I've kept as 2000 format
> because I still have users with it (well, maybe not now, but I still have
> 2003 users and I like 2000 better).
>
> I've had 3 people using 2013 that say the database won't open.   Since I
> don't have 2013, I haven't been able to look at it yet.   Sounds like I
> have the answer.   And some work to do.
>

> Carolyn Johnson

Arthur