[AccessD] OK, I have a weird one...Filter is case sensitive?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:42:04 CDT 2013

Hmmm... I never thought of that problem before, Charlotte. I just
customized my MZTools template  and added that line as well as Option
Explicit to the tail of the template, and it all happens automatically so
I've never given it a second thought. But you do raise a valid point. There
ought to be a place somewhere within the Access settings for This
Database/All Databases, same as the 2 or 4 digit year portion of a date.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Charlotte Foust
<charlotte.foust at gmail.com>wrote:

> The Option Compare line in the code module determines whether  the
> comparison is case sensitive.  I know of no setting (at least in 2013) that
> allows you to do it for the entire database, and I don't know that you
> would want to.  Option Compare Database is case insensitive and Option
> Compare Binary is case sensitive within the object the module belongs to.
>
> Charlotte
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM, David McAfee <davidmcafee at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I had a user call me saying she could not find a customer when filtering
> by
> > the account number.
> > She was able to see the customer in another screen, so she knows it
> should
> > show up.
> >
> > I asked her for the CustNo, and I filtered the datasheet sub form by
> right
> > clicking on the custno field and choosing the appropriate filter menu
> > items.
> >
> > I asked her, over the phone, to do the same.
> >
> > When she still wasn't getting the expected results, I figured she was
> doing
> > something wrong and went over to her desk.
> >
> > She was doing it right. I did notice that she was using lower case
> letters,
> > which shouldn't matter.
> >
> > I asked her to use all caps. She did and the filter worked!
> >
> > I thought, how weird.
> >
> > Came back to my desk and it filters in lower case or upper case.
> >
> > Is there a setting somewhere that would affect how a filter filters?
> >
> > A2007 & A2010.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David
> > --