[AccessD] Access 2007: Forms no longer restricted to parent window

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:22:43 CDT 2013

Wrong wrong wrong, but I consider this a virtue rather than an impediment.
I guess that it all comes down to a perspective. My personal perspective is
to un-hamper the user in any way, rather than dictate that this leads to
that within a certain number of constraints, My design choice is to leave
it up to the user rather than dictate what should occur in the user's
chosen sequence. It's not up to me which choices the user chooses, and
every alternative speaks of UI fascism rather than UI freedom.

Just my $0.05. I vote for user-freedom, albeit within limits described by
the said domain.

We are not here to dictate the world. We are here to liberate the
possibilities of our apps. To take one silly example, the App ought to give
its consumer the ability to save selected queries and incorporate these
into the design. And if you can't do that, then revisit your design.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, John W Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am locking down an application and suddenly the forms of the application
> can be moved outside of the parent access window.  I thought that the forms
> were by definition a child object to Access and could not move out of the
> Access container on the screen.
>
> --
> John W. Colby
>
> Reality is what refuses to go away