[AccessD] AC97 Under Win 7

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Tue Aug 27 18:05:23 CDT 2013

If anyone is interested, I finally got Access 97 to install with the SR2b
release onto Windows 7 Ultimate (32) without having to use a stupid virtual
machine as all of the experts advised.
In doing the research, I discovered that if you don't do it right, you can
totally destroy the Windows 7 installation with the SR2b install package.
It acted almost like a rootkit virus....not even Safe Mode would work !
Pretty remarkable behavior.

Then you can ask me why I am still doing dev under AC97....I've already
mentioned that story once on this list....wait till you hear the update !