[AccessD] Problems with Refreshing Access Report on Intranet

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Tue Dec 3 15:05:31 CST 2013

Stuart,

I followed your advice (11/13/2013) and established up a proper web
server.

I downloaded and installed WAMP (Windows - Apache - Microsoft SQL Server
- PHP) on both a stand-alone PC (XP) and on a server (Windows Server
2003).

With a small amount of work, I was able to put together a little PHP
program that can read data from an Access Database.  This program works
nicely on both the stand-alone PC and on the Server.

My next step is to make this PHP application available to about 10
people on our little Intranet.  I have not been able to figure out how
to make things on the Apache web server available to people on our
internal network.

I don't understand how to build the connection between the PCs on the
network and the Apache web server which is running on one of our
servers.

I have checked out 4 books from our local library and I have looks at
dozens of sites on the internet, but I have not been able to find the
missing piece.

I thought that perhaps you or someone here on AccessD could point me in
the right direction.

Thanks,
Brad