[AccessD] LightSwitch customization

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Dec 4 14:55:27 CST 2013

 Hi Gustav --

No, I'm not aware of any issues of setting VS2013 on top of VS2012. Actually I wanted to try to setup Win8.1 on top of Win8 and then VS2013 on top of VS2012.

Here I have just found on the web site you referred  a real stuff on using LightSwitch, AngularJS, WebAPI etc.:

http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/2230/Creating-an-AngularJS-CRUD-Application-Using-Visual-Studio-LightSwitch.aspx

Have you seen it?

In the bottom of the above article there are very useful additional links.

As far as I understand/guess (please correct me if I'm wrong) LightSwitch uses (Razor) templating engine  and  "T4 - Best Kept Visual Studio Secret" ( http://www.hanselman.com/blog/T4TextTemplateTransformationToolkitCodeGenerationBestKeptVisualStudioSecret.aspx ) so in general templates based on AngularJS can be (easily) developed. Hope somebody will do that soon :)

Thank you.

-- Shamil