[AccessD] Access 2010 + Navigation Forms

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:05:36 CST 2013

Have any of you guys played with these?  The contract I'm on requires that
the product be maintainable by non-developers, engineers who have been to
Access classes but aren't fluent in it and don't tweak it on a daily basis.
 In the past I usually used tab controls and a fairly large amount of code
to design the user interface, but that isn't an approach that they would be
able to sustain.  One problem with Navigation Controls in Access is that
there is a wizard that builds a Navigation Form but I don't see any way to
use the controls on another form, and the wizard totally ignores Normal
form settings and even the Windows Themes setting in options.  I built code
to set the colors on the Open event of the Navigation Form but you have to
use RGB values to set them, and I don't see an easy way to make that
modifiable for when I'm gone.

Any suggestions?  One thing I learned accidentally is that if you set the
display size to 125%, you see some odd effects in the navigation control
and nav buttons.  Those disappear when you fall back to 100%, so apparently
the control is for people with normal eyesight!

Charlotte