[AccessD] Access 2010 + Navigation Forms

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Dec 7 04:19:35 CST 2013

Hi Charlotte

OK, I can see you have taken your precautions, and when the average user is kept away, it should be doable.

And after all, Access is an end-user product!

/gustav

>>> charlotte.foust at gmail.com 06-12-13 22:41 >>>
Gustav,

It may turn into a monster, but admin maintenance is the entire basis for
the contract.  I've managed to get my arms around most of the peculiarities
and wrote some code to make sure the nav forms and buttons are a consistent
color no matter what office theme they're designed under.  They're not
going to be writing a bunch of code, but they will want to add tabs to the
nav forms.  Not everyone, mind you, just a handful of engineers who will
have as extensive a knowledge transfer as possible before I walk out the
door.

As for ribbons, they would be even more difficult for non-developers to
maintain and modify.  This project is designed from the start to have a
limited number of super users tweaking it on an ongoing basis.  My job is
to use tools that they can easily (well, relatively easy anyhow) extend.
 This is not my baby, I'm just its surrogate mom.

Charlotte