[AccessD] Which is faster DAO or Append Query? (in this case)

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Dec 19 13:21:30 CST 2013

 If your doing this to allow for row selection in a continuous form, there
is a way not to pre-populate the temp table and do it on the fly.

 Change your join to an outer join, then bind the control to:

=Not IsNull(<selection table>.<PK FIELD>))

  You can then lay a transparent command button over the indicator to toggle
the state by inserting/deleting records in the selection table.

  There is another variation of this as well where you can bind the control
to a yes/no field in the selection table and let the user edit the control
directly.  Row fix up will automatically add the record if it's not there.

Jim.