[AccessD] A2010 - colour of enabled/disabled button

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 3 10:11:51 CST 2013

Hi Rocky

Yes, they are using the themes or quick-styles and would like to continue with these as it is very easy to handle and works globally.

What they don't like is the quite small difference between the active white caption and the inactive "engraved" caption.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 03-02-13 16:37 >>>
Any other solution I can think of would require modifying the code behind
the button changing the fore color/font/size/weight of the text on the
button then checking on the click event to see if the button was enabled.

If they already have code to enable/disable a button could you add code to
change the label to a picture - like a circle with a slash through it?  Or
just disappear the button?

There's something called quick styles in 201 but I've never played with it.
Are they using 2010?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-access/access-20
10-quick-styles-and-change-shapes/212c347e-77db-490e-9b29-9dfc714f2c4b

Why do they want this?  What is it about the disabled button they don't
like?