[AccessD] Doin the class thing - the form side

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:08:42 CST 2013

I never received this back from AccessD so I do not know if it was ever
received by you guys.  If so just read it again.  ;)

The code for the form's class is simple.  In the form's header we create an
instance of the class for every text box we want to handle.  Notice that I
already have a disclaimer that this is the 'quick and dirty' way of doing
things.  This works but there is a better way which we will discuss once
you have absorbed this method.

'
'The quick and dirty way to do this
'
Private cDNDTxt2 As clsDNDText
Private cDNDTxt4 As clsDNDText
Private cDNDTxt6 As clsDNDText

In the form's Open event we initialize each of the instances of this class,
setting the pointer to each instance using the new keyword and then passing
in a pointer to one of the text boxes in the mInit method.

    Set cDNDTxt2 = New clsDNDText
    cDNDTxt2.mInit Text2

    Set cDNDTxt4 = New clsDNDText
    cDNDTxt4.mInit Text4

    Set cDNDTxt6 = New clsDNDText
    cDNDTxt6.mInit Text6

End Sub

and finally, not included in the original post we want to cleanup in the
form's close event

Private Sub Form_Close()
    Set cDNDTxt2 = Nothing
    Set cDNDTxt4 = Nothing
    Set cDNDTxt6 = Nothing
End Sub

How much simpler can it be?

Let's discuss this and then we can move on to the next step.

Colby Consulting