[AccessD] OT - Learning VB.net

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:16:33 CST 2013

To me, it's harder to work with VS Express because you don't have all the
nifty tools in the Visual Studio shell, making it harder to do the really
cool stuff.  That said, VB.Net is a different kettle of fish entirely from
VBA and VB6.  It helps if you've worked with ADO and built classes, believe
me; but at least the style if familiar.  With C#, you're plunging into the
world of curly brackets and odd punctuation.  It's considered a "real"
language because it isn't easily read by the unwashed masses of coders who
use VB.  On the other hand, it's in demand, where VB.Net isn't.  I was
fortunate enough to learn VB.Net from a video training course from AppDev,
which my company paid for.  The LearnDevNow programs (from AppDev) are
available online for a reasonable subscription.

Charlotte

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Paul Hartland <paul.hartland at googlemail.com