[AccessD] Conditional Formatting Puzzler - Access 2007

David A Gibson davidalangibson2010 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:37:20 CST 2013

Check the Data Type of the field.

David Gibson

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Brad Marks
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:24 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Conditional Formatting Puzzler - Access 2007

All,

I have used Conditional Formatting a few times in the past and never ran
into any problems.
Recently, I stumbled upon something that seems strange.

I have an Access 2007 report with an amount field.  If the amount is
negative, I simply want to change the font color to red.

I set up a single "Conditional Formatting" condition that says "Field Value
Is" "Less than" 0.

The Preview shows the field in red.

However, when I view the report, the field is shown in black and not in red.

I must be missing something.  This seems so simple.  It appears that Access
is not detecting that the fields is negative.

Thanks,
Brad