[AccessD] Force a form to open in datasheet mode

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:55:42 CST 2013

Thanks, Stuart.

Yes, I am using the old style switchboard, primarily to knock together a
prototype. There may be a problem with the 2007 version of that code,
though.

My first attempt to get around the problem was to write a sub that opened
the form as a datasheet, and then to change the argument to "Run Code" and
call the sub. That didn't work. Changing the sub to a function didn't work
either.
Finally I tried creating a macro and changing the argument to "Run Macro".
That worked perfectly. I don't know why. I can't remember the last time I
wrote or used a macro in an app. But in this case it seems to work just
fine.
So I guess we'll call this problem Solved.
I pasted your code into the Form_Open event anyway, commented out for the
moment. I may play around with it later on, to see if I can eliminate the
macro. But for now I think I'll just enjoy the fact that it works the way I
wanted.

A.