[AccessD] Tony's comments

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Feb 20 11:44:47 CST 2013

I have been active in the Access Users Group of San Diego for many years.
When I first started with them in I think 1997, there used to be 40-50
attendees at the monthly meetings, sometimes more.  Now they're lucky to get
ten.

If we're trying to figure out how to bring back the glory days of AccessD
we're probably rowing upstream.  But I think that just means expanding the
lists to include the newer platforms like we have done with SQL and tech
lists.

Maybe we should try a 'Web' list which would encompass all things web
related in our development worlds - like C++, Java, Alpha 5, Mobile apps,
etc.

Rocky

===========I live in a very small Access cave, so my contribution to this
discussion is small, and ... probably askew. I can only go by my readers'
needs and questions. I receive no questions about Access. When I publish an
Access tip or article, no one comments. They're not even viewing the page.
Now, that might be because I'm not giving them what they want -- a very
likely scenario. But no one's asking for anything either. I can't really
draw much of a conclusion, but Access was once my bread and butter. I didn't
stop writing about it because I wanted to -- but because publishers no
longer wanted the content because subscribers no longer paid for it.

Susan H.