[AccessD] Upcoming blogs - was Re: Tired of this List

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Wed Feb 20 18:11:59 CST 2013

I love the way I can have a single OneNote app, with dozens of Notes in each.  And each Notebook can be sync'd to a different location.

Some are stored on my local PC and only I can access them
Some are stored on Sharepoint and I can choose to share it with other users and access it from anywhere
Some are stored on the skydrive (can be shared or not)

They all just sync up when the connection is live and wherever and many users can update and add ideas at the same time.

And you can put just about anything into them

Saving is automatic, as is multiple backups.

I am also doing a finance course and the Formula creation feature is very very cool indeed.  You can enter it like = PV-FV/PV*r and onenote will automatically write it as a 'true' formula so it reads correctly.

You can also do math directly in a notebook. For example -  Enter "2+2=" and it will automatically produce "4" for you.  (it reads "2+2=4", rather than just "4").  Nice.

Heavy integration with Outlook - you can set up tasks and dates in Onenote and link them into Outook, or visa versa - save emails directly from Outlook in to Onenote (and back again).  Awesome for keeping track all the data, emails, tasks and appointments for a specific task.

Hell, there is gobs of clever things - I am still learning new tricks each week. As I said, best bit of software since Excel

: )

Cheers
Darryl