[AccessD] Access Database on Web

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Jan 1 14:52:34 CST 2013

Hi Tina,

If you are familiar with the Microsoft environment I'd stick with SQL
Server. There are many low cost web hosts, Arvixe for one, that offer SQL
Server databases that are more than adequate for the type of web project
your talking about. These companies use SQL Express but I have found no
performance limitations. Possibly if you're talking thousands of hits per
minute and gigs  of storage you might find the limits, but I haven't I we
have some quite challenging stored procedures running on several of these.
You might also take a look at Microsoft LightSwitch for your development
environment. The new version will publish to the desktop or web in HTML 5 so
the apps will work on any phone or tablet.

My 2 cents worth.

Happy New Year.

Doug