[AccessD] Windows 7 Running Cached Old Version Of MDB

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Jan 7 08:00:08 CST 2013

 It stems from Microsoft's attempt to protect various folders.  If you try
to write to a protected folder, it's re-directed to a virtual store so the
app doesn't complain (by default, standard users can write to many of the
system folders).

 The real problem is that many of us when it comes to Vista/Win 7 don't
follow best practices; no user should be writing into C:\program files or
c:\program files (x86). Yet prior to
these OS's, that's where Microsoft told us to put everything.

 If you want to leave this in the \program files folders, take ownership of
the sub folder and give everyone full permissions to it.  That will allow
writes into the folder and items will no longer be redirected to the virtual
store.

Jim.