[AccessD] Command Button Ghosting

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Jan 9 16:31:26 CST 2013

Team,

I have a number of databases that are in 2002 format but are running on
2010.  They are both mdb and adp format.

I have a problem with buttons that have embedded pictures.  Whenever a
button is clicked then a ghost outline of the button appears in the top left
hand corner of the form.

I have read Helen Feddema's Access Archon column and tried her tips but none
have worked.

Even creating a new mdb in Access 2010 and creating a new button causes the
same problem.  Accdb formats don't have the problem.

The only solutions I have found  for mdb/adp formats are:

1) Use linked pictures instead of embedded ones., or

2) Not use pictures at all.

Has anyone else come up with a better solution?  Ideally it would be nice to
embed a picture onto a button and not have the ghosting on my previous
format databases (like they used to work).  Am I asking too much of
Microsoft?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd