[AccessD] VBA Field Names - Curiosity Question

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Mon Jul 1 22:15:37 CDT 2013

In addition to being older, you are also smarter.  Why on earth would you want to go to the bother of doing the hover or click when you can just 'know' by looking?  Those young punks still have a lot to learn.

I occasionally dim field names the same way. Whilst I agree it could be bothersome to update them all, I don't really have that issue thanks to many years of use with Rick Fischers "Find and Replace" for Access.  Which still works great in A2010 I might add.

In my current role I can afford to be less 'proper' as the team I work with are all pretty good with VBA and Access and we use all our tools in house only.

That said, the more specific you can be, the easier debugging generally is.

Sloppy code or dimming usually bites you sooner or later.

Cheers
Darryl.