[AccessD] When it rains it pours!

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Jul 15 13:41:38 CDT 2013

I've been seeking help on an Access 97 DB that I've been working on, and I've finally made headway...got the security off of it, finally! Now I am trying to re-link the BE data. Well, guess what...I just got a call about another A97 DB...that I wrote 13 years ago. It has been working so good that their department depends on it now. Both of these have the same problem...re-linking.

We've recently gone from a Novell network to Active Directory and I'm not sure how to use a non-dedicated drive for the link. I know what the link should be, but I don't know how to enter it...it seems to want me to "walk" out to it on the tree, but I'm unable to do this.

The Novell link was \\Nianet\.NEBNOV1_VOL1.CRTHSE.NC\DATA\ACCESS\DEPTNAME\PROGRAM.MDB ( file://\NianetNEBNOV1_VOL1.CRTHSE.NC.MDB ) and the AD should be...
\\10.11.218.10\nccfs01_data\DATA\ACCESS\DEPTNAME\PROGRAM.MDB ( file://\10.11.218.10_data.MDB )

...or...do I HAVE to map a drive letter?

Notice: This electronic transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you believe you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. Niagara County is not responsible for the content of any external hyperlink referenced in this email or any email.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY PAPER OR ELECTRONIC COPIES.
Thank you for your cooperation.