[AccessD] What is PostgreSQL Server and why do I have it

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 05:13:25 CDT 2013

Thanks Stuart.

I don't think it is really helpful for nortons to tell me what rdbmss is
cranking up the cpu but not which host application or process is asking it
to do so!

I have 20 days of Dell Pro Support left. To extend or not to extend, oh
what to do, what to do?!

On the "pro" side:

1) depending on what tech you get, they are very patient and thorough

2) without Pro suppoet, Dell supports very little.

On the "con" side:

1) $225 for a year of support that includes SW, $500 for 2 yrs.

2) all techs use a lot of time; bad ones  (a) give up; (b) declare victory
too early ie, solution not met; (c) insist on tweaking things I dont want
changed nor needed changing or (d) insist on rolling back machine to
factory condition, which takes forever and leaves me having to reinstall
everything I need to use. OH how I dread that day..