[AccessD] New Approach

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:37:11 CST 2013

I know absolutely nothing about SharePoint. So perhaps it's not surprising
that your comments leave me somewhat mystified. Let's start with a simple
case, an Access app in classic style that consists of an FE and a BE. In
terms of complexity, it's trivial, about 25 tables and about twice that
many forms and queries. So how does this app get into SharePoint? Do we
just copy the BE into SP? And then what about the FE? Do I have to rebuild
the FE in SP? That's the part I don't understand.

The client in question has about 100+ users and also has a license for SP.
The users are in several offices and apparently they all hit a central
server that runs SP. From the little I have seen, their primary focus is on
document storage. I don't understand how database apps fit into this
picture.

Would you please enlighten me? I wrote an Access app for them, but if there
is some way to get this app into SP then their lives would be a lot
simpler, and I guess so would mine. So any wisdom you would care to share
about how this is done would be most welcome. I've heard of SP lists, and
even seen that on the Access ribbon, but I have no idea what it means.

Hoping that you can clear up some of the fog.

Arthur