[AccessD] Re-linking Issue

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Wed Mar 6 07:06:16 CST 2013

First of all, I'll address this question...it states that it is in "97 Format" but it HAS been updated on a 2003 machine (IIRC) in the past. I think I wrote this program back around 2000-2001...maybe even earlier, but I think this is about right. Since this time, so much has changed here at work. For one thing, I don't program too much these days...I'm working w/other projects such as IP Telephony. And, this was for our Social Services Fraud Unit, and they've since hired their own techs...although we do their work for them so much, I don't know why they bothered.

BUT...

As I'm sure y'all noticed, I've not been on this every day...and there are good reasons for that. First, I almost always have a good half-dozen projects going on, and they don't always involve programming...right now it is an Intranet Proj, I AM pumping out a little Access program, Our whole dept is migrating all of our campuses to a new network...Novel to Win AD...and there are at least 3-4 other little things that will surely cross my desk today...fires that need to be put out.

Add to that, I came down w/the flu last week, and I'm still not right...this knocked the hell out of me. So, sometimes I'm working on a "hot" project...it ends up be relegated to the back-burner, while another "emergency" gets pushed to the forefront.

I just felt I had to explain why sometimes I ask a question, and then it seems like I fall off the face of the Earth, only to bring it up again days, or even a week or so later. I AM very appreciate of the help given to me here, by y'all. I do read each and every reply that I get...filing many of them away, because even if they don't help w/the immediate issue at hand, I often draw on this knowledge down the road. I try to get back to y'all and say thanks, but I know I've failed at that at least a couple of times.

So, let me officially say, Thank You once more.

John W Clark

PS...each time I come out here, I end up spending so much time reading the other posts. Just today I find the post about Bound Forms & how the data is brought over. This is something I've always questioned, and as long as I've worked w/Access, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now. But, there seems to be conflicting "answers" out there, and each time I think I have it, what I THINK I know is brought into question. So, I've gotta go finish that. It is from over a week ago, so I hope the answers are there! ;o)

>>> "Jim Dettman" <jimdettman at verizon.net> 2/22/2013 1:28 PM >>>

  Wait...you said Access 97 didn't you?  The DB needs to be in JET 4.0
format at least (A2000 and up).

Jim.