[AccessD] OT-Stand alone keypad device

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 31 15:42:31 CDT 2013

To all,

I have sent this to the tech list, but haven't had one response or any
other email from the list since joining, so I have sent it here in the hope
that someone may be able to help.

I have an idea (very early stages) and I am hoping the one part of it or
something very similar already exists.  I want a numerical keypad that when
the * or # key is pressed it can sent a line of text to a table on a
database.

My first thought would be that if it would send an email or sms (if sms
could go through a 3rd party to convert to email), then I could write an
app to scan the email address every so often and put the line of text into
my table, which I have done before.

So basically I need to know if any of you know if such a keypad unit
exists, they would be site based i.e. could be in a home or office.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be grateful

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com